Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Children documents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almost2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Children documents
    Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 11:05pm

Additional to the PR card and the Biographical page of the Passport, CIC is asking for the requirement:
"Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification, one of which must have a photo on it".
I do not know any other document with photo to present for my 14-year old's application.
Could you please advise.

Thanks

ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:03am
I would probably still use passport. It looks like it will satisfy this requirement regardless of the fact that it is also asked for separately.

Edited by ski - 03 Apr 2013 at 1:08am
almost2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almost2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:21pm

My son's photo in the passport was taken more than 3 years ago. He was 11 then, now is 14.  From child to teenager, lot of change.  Could this be a problem?

Thanks

ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:26pm
I guess nobody can predict with certainty whether something will be a problem or not.

In theory if the passport does not reflect true likeness you are supposed to get a new passport.

But then you are entitled to your own opinion whether it does or does not reflect true likeness.

You will be submitting current pictures as well anyway, and I'm sure you're not the only one with this type of situation. I guess CIC should be able to compare pictures and say "okay, the kid has grown up", and that's it.

All my children got their first passports under 1 month of age, had pretty much newborn pictures there and traveled like that all over the world for several years. I never had a problem with any border control. Although border control does not equal CIC, I think picture identity verification guidelines are similar.

Edited by ski - 03 Apr 2013 at 10:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic