Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Current CIC Delays - what call centre agents see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Current CIC Delays - what call centre agents see

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Current CIC Delays - what call centre agents see
    Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:26pm
Hi folks,

Fresh ATI results. You may want to have a look at this file - this is what Call Centre agents have in front of their eyes when quoting delays for your CIT/other apps in offices across the country:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2164511723/CICDelaysFeb2013.pdf

Interestingly enough, I see 48 months figure not where I'd expect it to be.

Edited by akella - 21 Feb 2013 at 6:32pm
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:32pm
Link doesn't work for me for some reason. 
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

Link doesn't work for me for some reason. 

Fixed the link (copy the new one from my original post). Should work now.

Edited by akella - 21 Feb 2013 at 6:33pm
edmonton2011 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:59pm
Thank you for posting it. I could not find my local office. Does it mean they do not have info on the delay there? 
What did you request exactly Akella?
Timeline spreadsheet

Rec'd: Sep 01, '11
In proc: Jan 24, '12
Test: Apr 25, '13
Oath: Jul 1, '13
alaink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by akella akella wrote:

Hi folks,

Fresh ATI results. You may want to have a look at this file - this is what Call Centre agents have in front of their eyes when quoting delays for your CIT/other apps in offices across the country:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2164511723/CICDelaysFeb2013.pdf

Interestingly enough, I see 48 months figure not where I'd expect it to be.

this document only confirms what people like dpenabill and myself have been saying from the beginning, the whole 48 months delay applies for people who require a hearing with a judge for a reason other than failing the exam and not for a CIC officer to open the RQ.

this is a very good find, and honestly i have no idea why CIC has been quoting 48 months left and right when it s obviously not the delay to process RQs.
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by edmonton2011 edmonton2011 wrote:

Thank you for posting it. I could not find my local office. Does it mean they do not have info on the delay there? 
What did you request exactly Akella?

A copy of the page(s) CIC Call Center agents are reading when quoting delays associated with local offices activities (such as assigning an officer to review a Residency Questionnaire or similar).
peter95 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 7:05pm
RQ files transfered to St. Clair will take 16 months from the date of reception ........Am I reading correctly. If yes it is not 48 months then why call center is saying 48 months always.
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by alaink alaink wrote:

this document only confirms what people like dpenabill and myself have been saying from the beginning, the whole 48 months delay applies for people who require a hearing with a judge for a reason other than failing the exam and not for a CIC officer to open the RQ.

this is a very good find, and honestly i have no idea why CIC has been quoting 48 months left and right when it s obviously not the delay to process RQs.

Mind you, they could have updated the information after all the fuss - JK got the tweets, there was Toronto Star coverage, and Liberal party coverage.
(an by updating information I mean either doing something to speed up things, or removing "residence questionnaire" line for St.Clair - some other offices have this info, but not St.Clair)

Also, for all loud voices advising not to call, not to write CIC, not to do anything - tell my why this information is not public from the beginning? Apparently, they are updating it at least quarterly - why not just post this online for everyone to see? This would immediately cut off a ton of calls to Call Centre. Oh yes, someone has to create a page on external CIC website - so hard...
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by peter95 peter95 wrote:

RQ files transfered to St. Clair will take 16 months from the date of reception ........Am I reading correctly. If yes it is not 48 months then why call center is saying 48 months always.

No, you are reading their delay for regular files (i.e. how much time it would take them from the receipt of a file from CPC-S to schedule an exam event)

And, technically, this is Scarborough delay (but St.Clair has a note that everything is the same as Scarborough except for hearing delay)

Edited by akella - 21 Feb 2013 at 7:12pm
alaink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by akella akella wrote:

Mind you, they could have updated the information after all the fuss - JK got the tweets, there was Toronto Star coverage, and Liberal party coverage.
(an by updating information I mean either doing something to speed up things, or removing "residence questionnaire" line for St.Clair - some other offices have this info, but not St.Clair)

Also, for all loud voices advising not to call, not to write CIC, not to do anything - tell my why this information is not public from the beginning? Apparently, they are updating it at least quarterly - why not just post this online for everyone to see? This would immediately cut off a ton of calls to Call Centre. Oh yes, someone has to create a page on external CIC website - so hard...

I agree with you but really just quoting the 48 months delay has created a huge backlash and a ton of additional calls to CIC so they were shooting themselves in the foot by giving out that info

I don`t think there is any doubt about the incompetence of CIC and JK!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic