Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for dpennabill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabmeusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for dpennabill
    Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:34pm
Hello depenabill, my wife attended an interview in my visa office in Accra on 28 November 2012 and after the interview they returned all our evidence to her and she was told to go they will mail her. We didn't hear anything from them until our ecas changed  to in process from application recieved on January 13 2012 and said they started processing our application January 10 2012. I sent them email last week to ask about the statu of our application and they email me back that our file is currently in queue for review. My question is why do they called for an interview and put the file in queue for review almost 3 months after interview? Is this a good or a bad sign? Thanks in advance
Spousal Application sent to mississauga 03/05/2012
Application delivered 04/05/2012
First stage approval 27-07-2012
File transfer Accra 27-07-2012
medical done 29-12-2011
Interview 28-11-2012
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 8:03pm
Sorry that I do not anything to offer you.

I have not been keeping up with much of the spouse/common-law sponsored PR process; there are a few aspects that come up in queries here that I am still familiar with, but there is much more I am not current regarding.

I do not know how things go at some of the busier but yet not so easy to navigate visa offices like Accra.

All I can suggest is to be patient at this stage.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 11:09pm
In general they won't put it "in queue for review" if she did not pass the interview - usually a negative interview decision is given to you very shortly after the interview.  What seems to happen to most people after a successful interview is exactly what has happened to you - you see e-cas go to "in process".

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
nabmeusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabmeusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:20am
Thank you so much Computergeek and dpenabill! I will wait patiently like you said and hope for the best.
Spousal Application sent to mississauga 03/05/2012
Application delivered 04/05/2012
First stage approval 27-07-2012
File transfer Accra 27-07-2012
medical done 29-12-2011
Interview 28-11-2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic