Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - extension of work visa for temporary foreign worke
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

extension of work visa for temporary foreign worke

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmaggi1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extension of work visa for temporary foreign worke
    Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 5:48pm
hello to all,

i came to canada as a foreign worker to alberta.. i lost my job in about two months time... and so i found another employer in manitoba,based on an LMO... my visa expires in three more months by may 2013.. so how or wher do i apply to extend my work visa while staying in canada??

when i came,my visa is W-1 multiple entry visa,based on the LMO for the first employer,now i have changed my employer too.. so,can anyone help me with some information

thanks in advance

Edited by nmaggi1986 - 08 Feb 2013 at 5:48pm
with regards,
magesh
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 7:12pm
Hi

Originally posted by nmaggi1986 nmaggi1986 wrote:

hello to all,i came to canada as a foreign worker to alberta.. i lost my job in about two months time... and so i found another employer in manitoba,based on an LMO... my visa expires in three more months by may 2013.. so how or wher do i apply to extend my work visa while staying in canada??when i came,my visa is W-1 multiple entry visa,based on the LMO for the first employer,now i have changed my employer too.. so,can anyone help me with some informationthanks in advance

1. I assume you used the LMO to apply for a new work permit for the employer in Manitoba before you started work? If not, you are in trouble.
2. Your new employer would have to apply for a new LMO if want to extend your work permit.
PMM
nmaggi1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmaggi1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 8:19am
i dont understand how ur reply suits to me.. anyways i have my closed work permit for the employer i work in manitoba.. so i know am not in trouble..
and my question was all about visa...  if u know something about how to extend it.. give me some information,,, thanks..
with regards,
magesh
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic