Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All RQ Applicant Please Join Us On Twitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All RQ Applicant Please Join Us On Twitter
    Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 1:53pm
I have created a new twitter account from where i will be tweeting on and off to all MP's, PM, Minister's and Media Personels, i urge you all to please join and follow we need to discuss this RQ limbo on that platform, i am trying to get in contact with law offices who can help us out ...i know it will be difficult but its about time that we stand up.
4-6 year wait is inhuman. My MP will be joining us on twitter once she sees some movement on twitter.

Edited by Mary Chad - 18 Jan 2013 at 1:54pm
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Mary Chad Mary Chad wrote:

I have created a new twitter account from where i will be tweeting on and off to all MP's, PM, Minister's and Media Personels, i urge you all to please join and follow we need to discuss this RQ limbo on that platform, i am trying to get in contact with law offices who can help us out ...i know it will be difficult but its about time that we stand up.
4-6 year wait is inhuman. My MP will be joining us on twitter once she sees some movement on twitter.

With all due respect, it's a very poor choice of name. More appropriate names would be CICDelayedCitizenshipApplicants or something of that nature. This way everyone can join. If you decide to keep it only for RQ, consider renaming it to something more specific to Canada as I imagine there are several countries that have the same concept of RQ and can therefore be too general.

Best of luck Mary Chad to you and to all of us.
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
Mary Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:36pm
i am open to name suggestions:)...thanks for the pointer...twitter has a charter limitation so have to
stay in that....
Ottawa_2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ottawa_2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:53pm
I suggest FixCitizenshipProcessCanada
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:15pm
KenneyDroppedTheBall

just sayin'
Mary Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 1:29am
@akella LOL i will try to truncate the name littleSmile BTW 2 MP's so far contacted us and 1 leading Immigration magazine...
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 11:50am

@kenneyjason Dear Mr. Kenney, why not impose an additional fee for applicants wishing to expedite their RQ processing time?

1/ @WaelGharb Interesting idea. Part of problem is that it costs the Govt $555 to process each citizenship application, but fee is only $100

2/ Would those waiting for citizenship apps to be processed be willing to pay a higher fee (closer to actual cost) to speed up processing?

@kenneyjason @WaelGharb Dear Mr. Kenney, Govt. should not have to absorb additional fees and many of us are welling to do their part to help

Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 11:51am
Please people. Mr. Kenney is listening! We need your feedback on Twitter. 
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 12:41pm
Sidebar note:

I have moved some posts lately, including the two above, to existing topics rather than allowing the proliferation of new topics for what is largely already being discussed in existing topics.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I would appreciate some help keeping this forum useful, and that would include trying to post within an existing topic if the subject matter is already being discussed.

I have not, cannot and undoubtedly will not, consistently do this, so these recent instances in which I have done this (see topic about citizenship delays in the news for other example of some posts I moved there from a newly created topic) are more or less examples which I hope most (well, I would hope for all though that would be rather futile no doubt) will follow. I thank you for your help in advance.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 1:04pm
The rest of the tweet Between Mr. Kenney and us:

@kenneyjason Dear Mr. Kenney, why not impose an additional fee for applicants wishing to expedite their RQ processing time?

1/ @WaelGharb Interesting idea. Part of problem is that it costs the Govt $555 to process each citizenship application, but fee is only $100

2/ Would those waiting for citizenship apps to be processed be willing to pay a higher fee (closer to actual cost) to speed up processing?

@kenneyjason Dear Mr. Kenny, I full agree govt. should not have to absorb additional cost. Many of us willing to assume our responsibilities

@WaelGharb @kenneyjason Yes Hon.Minister we are willing to pay additional fees/cost.Pilot program can be introduce where applicants

@WaelGharb @kenneyjason able to fast track their cases

@kenneyjason Do you think that 48 months quoted by CIC St.Clair just to open RQ response is acceptable?

@kenneyjason I think most of us would pay the full amount needed to process our applications if it means faster processing time. I would!

@ResidencyQ @valakiki All of us are willing to do our part. Let us help CIC help us

Edited by Wael55 - 21 Jan 2013 at 1:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic