Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

immigration lawyers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: immigration lawyers
    Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 10:40am
We feel wer are being taken advantage of by our lawyer due to igorance and insecurity of the justice system.

Anyone know of top knotch immigration lawyers in alberta ???

iamearlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamearlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 5:16am
Originally posted by cedric cedric wrote:

We feel wer are being taken advantage of by our lawyer due to igorance and insecurity of the justice system.

Anyone know of top knotch immigration lawyers in alberta ???

This happens most of the time. What else you could do is, try to find them on Yelp and write your review about whatever you have experienced with them. Write against them on different forums, blogs etc. Use your real identity so that people could believe your story. If they will be professionals, they will come back to you and fix everything without charging extra. Try to find the immigration attorneys through a common friend with a reference and don't google it unless you dont have any other option.

Edited by iamearlene - 09 Jan 2013 at 5:17am
Earlene Kean
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 1:26pm
Any malfeasance, incompetence, or unethical behavior by a licensed lawyer should be promptly reported to the respective law society in the province.

The Alberta law society has a website, linked here and they maintain a lawyer referral service to help people find a lawyer, which I link here.

I do not know any lawyers in Alberta. Being a jurist myself (not a Canadian lawyer however) I have had a lot of interaction and experience with lawyers. Yes, some are unethical, some incompetent, but that is the exception not the rule.

If you obtain the names of some potential immigration lawyers in Alberta you can do a google search regarding them, and you can also search the Canadian government sites, such as this linked site, and include the lawyer's name in the search query to find cases that lawyer has been involved with on appeal to the Federal Court.    
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
cedric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:05pm
All the above is sound advice.
problem is we are in a catch 22.
I believe from all the reviews I've gotten that I do Have a top knotch Lawyer .
but on the otherside of the coin I believe she is milking us for all she can get money wise.
I am starting to believe that a normal lawyer could do the same for us , but we can't afford  to loose this case or my wife goes back to her country.
sorta like getting a impaired , if you want to drive you pay for a good lawyer and you get off.
you get a cheap lawyer you loose.

beginning to think the only one thats going to beable to give me some help or hope is  the minister of immigration himself Jason Kenny.
Maybe one of you know someone who knows someone that knows this guy and can come to our rescue.
I'm rapidly loosing faith in the system.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic