Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plz i need to know the waiting time after DNA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plz i need to know the waiting time after DNA
    Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 4:22am
Good Day everyone i applied for a permanent residence this year march in Accra Ghana office they asked for medical and supporting document in June which i have provided and they confirmed they got that,they also asked my wife n daughter to go for a DNA  test which they did in July in canada and i was told i will be notify where to go for my own DNA sample since in live in Nigeria, i was called last week to come for DNA which i went ,the lady told me they will be mailing my DNA sample to canada and the embassy will notify me when the result is out..... pls only need you to advice how soon since i have completed all this when is the possible time they will be calling me for interview or to submit my passport for a visa.....

Pls i need your answer.....

Thank you all......
Able God
Able God
nabmeusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabmeusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 8:20am
I don't think you should be worried because the accra visa office always wants to make things difficult for everyone but just relax. Now that you have done the DNA it won't be long for them to contact you and my advice for you is to take this time preparing yourself for the interview cos they always call for interview even if they visa will be issued. Hope other senior member will also add something to my comment. Good luck.........
Spousal Application sent to mississauga 03/05/2012
Application delivered 04/05/2012
First stage approval 27-07-2012
File transfer Accra 27-07-2012
medical done 29-12-2011
Interview 28-11-2012
myworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 10:40am

Thank you i appreciate that my family cant wait to see me some other Canadian embassy in some other country are more effective probably because of the volume of the applicants in their region and what are the likely document i have to take along once they called me for the interview.....

Thank you once again...

Able God
nabmeusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabmeusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 4:35pm
Get the following document reading because i am also dealing with the same office for my wife:

1)Birth certificate( they could ask for historical identification if your birth cert is new so make sure you have you old birth cert or previous passport to prove that)

2) Marriage cert

3) Certificate of Quebec selection( If you are coming to Quebec otherwise no need)

4) proof of communication(Phone bills, emails, chat, )

5) wedding picture or marriage ceremony

6) school transcript ( they may ask you to bring school record if you have putting in your application that you have education)

Good luck......
medical done 29-12-2011
Interview 28-11-2012
myworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:53am

Dear good friend thank you for the respond i have  provided the following document around June...

1/marriage certificate

2/wedding pictures

3/school academics transcript,letter of admission,acceptance 

i only attached only two email communication because phone and bills i cant really provide that because i have lived in different country withing the couple of years...my birth cert i can provide that....

So i don't know if i still have to provide those 3 docs i have provided earlier....

Thank you.........

Able God
nabmeusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabmeusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 7:52am
Get the originals of those documents ready because during the interview you will be ask to bring the original with you. My advise for you is to focus more on gathering a proof of communication cos the 2 email you send is not enough. Don't take things for granted that because you have children with your wife so u don't have to proof them that you have a very close relationship and good communication. You can chat, send postal mail ....... etc. Good luck
medical done 29-12-2011
Interview 28-11-2012
myworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 7:38am
Thank you everyone embassy called me to come with my passport and letters n pick my visa or i sent by courier i went and got my visa and landing document.....

Thanks everyone best of luck and good luck....
Able God
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic