Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - need advise regarding change wife name before spon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need advise regarding change wife name before spon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amir007a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need advise regarding change wife name before spon
    Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 4:08am
Need advise from all respected forum members . I got married in sep 2012 in Pakistan.
By professional I am working in finance field and my wife is doctor and completeing her
Remaining education in field of medical.
Now I am trying to file his case under family sponsorship before come back to Canada.
I am leaving in Canada more than 4 years and my citizenship application is in qeue.
Now I am trying to file his case under family sponsorship before come back to Canada.
I want to change her name, her name is Shazia naz before marriage .
My name is kaleem and full name is syed kaleem ahmad.
I want change her name from Shazia naz to Shazia Kaleem and put that name in her new NIC(national Identical Crad) as well as her new passport.
I share this things with my friend but he confused me , he told me don't change her name only change her status that wife of (W/O) kaleem.
I have desire to change her name but he told me if you will change her name there is problem during equalancy of all her education certificate, because in her all certificate name mention which is old one Shazia naz.
Advise all of respected froum members specially PMM that name change will effect his Pakistani education certificate as well as if she find a job as a doctor will effect in any way.
Thank a lot!
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 10:33pm
Hi

Originally posted by amir007a amir007a wrote:

<div id="msg_1852242" ="post">Need advise from all respected forum members . I got married in sep 2012 in Pakistan.By professional I am working in finance field and my wife is doctor and completeing her Remaining education in field of medical.Now I am trying to file his case under family sponsorship before come back to Canada.I am leaving in Canada more than 4 years and my citizenship application is in qeue.Now I am trying to file his case under family sponsorship before come back to Canada.I want to change her name, her name is Shazia naz before marriage .My name is kaleem and full name is syed kaleem ahmad.I want change her name from Shazia naz to Shazia Kaleem and put that name in her new NIC(national Identical Crad) as well as her new passport.I share this things with my friend but he confused me , he told me don't change her name only change her status that wife of (W/O) kaleem.I have desire to change her name but he told me if you will change her name there is problem during equalancy of all her education certificate, because in her all certificate name mention which is old one Shazia naz.Advise all of respected froum members specially PMM that name change will effect his Pakistani education certificate as well as if she find a job as a doctor will effect in any way.Thank a lot!

1. The name change after marriage makes no difference as long as the proof of the change is included with the application.
2. Note though as you are a PR, you can't file the application from overseas, you have to be in Canada on the day the sponsorship/application is submitted, until the day the person "lands"
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic