Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with RQ Form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with RQ Form
    Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 7:33pm
Hello,

I need help to filling out my RQ form.

Absences form Canada:
Q7: "List (from earliest to most recent) all trips outside  of Canada since your arrival in Canada."

Did they mean my arrival date (June 2004) or
did they mean the 4 year period (2007-2011)

Sorry, but I know I'll have more of this question coming up Confused

Thanks so far Embarrassed
Glimmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 7:42pm
Were you living in Canada since 2004? if so, believe it or not, they mean back to then.
Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 1:19pm
Thanx Glimmer Smile

Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 1:29pm
I activated my PR Card in Summer 2004 here in Canada, but returned to my home country to start packing our stuff in the container and selling the house. Also our moving date to Canada was May 2005 and since we living here.

Before I making any mistake filling out the RQ Form:

Quote: "For the purposes of this questionnaire: "Arrival date in Canada" means the earlier of:
1.)  the date on which you first came to Canada to live or;
2.)  the date on which you became a Permanent Resident of Canada

What date should I take?  2004 or 2005?

Thanx again for your help Wacko

EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 1:40pm
You already had this questions answered in your citizenship application form and better your RQ answers match!

A Date when you became a permanent resident (landed immigrant)?
B When did you first come to live in Canada if different from "A"?
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 1:48pm

Quote Ben:
Quote I activated my PR Card in Summer 2004 here in Canada, but returned to my home country to start packing our stuff in the container and selling the house. Also our moving date to Canada was May 2005 and since we living here.

Before I making any mistake filling out the RQ Form:

Quote: "For the purposes of this questionnaire: "Arrival date in Canada" means the earlier of:
1.) the date on which you first came to Canada to live or;
2.) the date on which you became a Permanent Resident of Canada

What date should I take? 2004 or 2005?

Your question confuses me since, really, the earliest date is easy to figure out (2004 was before, as in earlier, than 2005), which appears to be the date you landed (attaining status as a PR of Canada) and you do not indicate living in Canada prior to the date of landing (date you "activated" PR card).

This is so obvious I wonder what it is you are trying to figure out.

Practically, for most PRs applying for naturalized citizenship, the date they "arrived" is the same date they landed and became a PR . . . even if they stayed in Canada only briefly and did not return to actually settle in Canada until significantly later (theorectically, to meet the PR residency obligation, up to three years is allowed, and many do indeed take a year or two).

Thus, for anyone who was not living in Canada before becoming a PR, the date they became a PR is their arrival date. And yes, the RQ asks for quite a lot of information going back to that date regardless of the relevant four years in the residency calculation itself.

However, many PRs were living in Canada prior to becoming a PR, usually pursuant to a work or study permit, but refugees as well. For someone who came to Canada before the date they became a Permanent Resident (date of landing, or as you describe it, date you "activated" your PR card -- although that is not what happens, rather PR status is activated, the PR card is merely a document evidencing status) their arrival date in Canada is the date they first came to live in Canada, sometime before landing as a PR.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 6:46pm
Hello,

My RQ Form (09-2012) doesn't mention anything about utility bills. Should I sent it without asking fom CIC?

They asking for following documents:

----Passports (include colour photocopies of all pages, including blank pages, of all passports and/or travel documents) used by you since you first arrived in Canada

----all Passports stamps must be translated into English by a Canadian accredited translator.

----Travel record and/or Records of Movement from all countries for which you have a passport or travel document.

----Rental/Lease agreements with proof of rental payment

----Title/Mortgage documents

----Property tax assessments

----Municipal/School documents

----Residential/Automobile/Tenant insurance policies

----Marriage/Divorce certificates

---Children’s birth certificates 

----Education records to document attendance for yourself and spouse

----Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) complete Notice of Assessment

----CRA T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid

----CRA T5 Return of Investment Income

----Bank/Credit Card statements

----Corporate income tax documents

----Incorporation an registration documents

----Contracts, invoices and business bank statements

----Letters from suppliers and purchasers

----Logbooks

----Advertising contracts

----Health records detailing the dates at which medical services were received.

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 10:41pm
What an individual should submit is very personal, depending on their particular history, circumstances, and issues.

You can submit more than what they ask for. That will not hurt. How much it might help depends on the quality of the documentation, particularly as to whether or not, and to what degree, it directly supports the information you've given about days present and establishing and maintaining residence in Canada.

Those who are well-qualified, confident they meet the requirements and appear to meet the requirements, confident there should be no real concerns about their qualification for citizenship, and who can and do submit substantial documentation in response to what is requested of them particularly, should not need to submit anything additional.

The weaker one's case is, and the less thorough, less direct one's proof is, the more one should lean toward including whatever else is relevant to showing presence in Canada, family and residential ties in Canada, and so on, beyond what CIC has requested.

Old RQ form did list utility bills as suggested documents. Apparently there were more than a few instances in which it appears fraudulent applicants were the name on a utility bill but were not really living in that location. Or . . . in any event, most recent version of the RQ form I have seen (from April . . . I understand a more recent version is now in use) did not request utility bills.

Some recommend making what amounts to a document dump on CIC. I think that is not helpful and in some ways could be counter productive. One needs to be responsive, of course, and submit substantial documentation, but quantity only goes so far and the quality of the documentation is what really matters. A few dozen pages of direct, objective, reliable documentation is far better than hundreds of pages of indirect documentation.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 4:46pm
Thanks dpenabill Smile

Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 4:49pm
Is it necessary to copy for an entire year the bills or can I, for example, makes copies only from January and December? Ermm  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic