Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Obsessed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shurem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obsessed
    Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:04am
 Hi everyone
I think that i just need to confess my Obsession with immigration Sites.   Here is my timeline application has been in pretoria since october 26th 2009 Received my AOR nov 28th.

I logg on to immigration forum more than my facebook LOL.

Every morning before my morning coffee ....hell...... before brushing my teethEmbarrassed... i would check my husbands email of course NOTHING, then i would check  our ecas NOTHING .....Then i would call my husband and tell him to go to the post office and again NOTHING. I would the do my morning routine and sit on the computer for about 1 hour and go to all immigration forum( i am a member of three of themWink)and by the end of that hour i am have mixed emotions i am happy for those who have received their PPR. i am sadden for those who have been rejected and I second guess my application feeing that it was not  good enoughCry , because  pples posts saying that their application weighs 12.4.wat the hell was in the application a NOVEL ??????? . I am sure that i will continue to  do this until one day i can write that we have received our visa and that my lovely, handsome husband is coming HOME Big smile until then I wish everyone good luck and God Bless
krempel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krempel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:18am

Ok your post is hilarious and sad at the same time! I know exactly how you feel, I too have an obession with all things immigration. I'm not sure what I am going to do once I get PR and have nothing check every five minutes.

Thanks for your confession, it brightend my day! I hope you get your visa very soon.
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 5:46am
Shurem, mm well this is what i do but i am trying to forget about it , I use to check ECAS every minute i morning b4 9.30 n right after 5.30pm....  but i think is too early so i have decided to stop checking ecas as i was told that at times nothing showing on ecas is also good. I check my mail every time i get a chance ie  maybe 3 - 4 times a day plus am on 3 forums  and like u said I am soo happy with news of ppl getting approve and droppinf their passport and things like that......

I want to wish us all the best of Luck.. I see signs of good things in 2010 for everyone here..

good luck guys

I am trying to find a hobby at present
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 11:13am
I was the same when ours was in process. I told people I was the definition of OCD because I checked ECAS 10 times a day even though it was only updated on Tuesday. Honestly, when we did get our answer (in record fast time) I was shocked. I think I did it more as a self soothing than actually expecting an answer that fast... lol.

Good luck! I am sure your application is good.
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:22pm
I am the same way and I haven't even began the PR application yet. Currently waiting on an extension.

I really should get a life away from this. Lol.
BlueDragon17846 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDragon17846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:45pm
Yea, definitely, I have found that the longer I stay away from the forums and the CIC website, the faster it seems to go, and the calmer I feel about the whole thing.  I'm applying inland, so I'm definitely in for a long wait and can't work here at all until first stage approval - if that time will ever come.
I guess its just time to take up a new hobby - knitting or painting or whatever Smile, something to keep my mind off of it.
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:00pm
Blue dragon17846, well, i think this is what i am going to do, well i did outland and just got back from Canada after 12 months and everything is UK ie London looks small, and i am so wanting to go back but i have to come back home and sort a few things out, ie house sale and prepare myself for Canada again only , and only it goes through...  I had a straight forward case i guess , 1 yr work permit, no previous marriage,  dated for 2 yrs, various visits back n forth with her, plus other trips.. 
Got 1st stage approval in 3 weeks and file was transfered to London in the 2 week of jan 2010 but still nothing on Ecas so i give up.... i am taking a chill pill and chilling over here.. I think i should find something to do, maybe an online course or something..

So u did  In Land and when was yr application sent if u dont mind..ÉÉ

Fingers cross for everyone guys...

good luck
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by BlueDragon17846 BlueDragon17846 wrote:

I guess its just time to take up a new hobby - knitting or painting or whatever Smile, something to keep my mind off of it.

I makes me bird houses ready for the spring
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:30pm
I used to check the old forum and e-cas every couple hours when my wife's case was in process.  I used to check my email every hour.  I used to translate Chinese immigration forums with Google.  It was the exact same way for me, happy to see others get the dream, annoyed I did not get mine.   I question my applications 1000s of times, called my MPs office just to get advice, talk to anyone I met here whom had came from China.  Went through every emotion at least a 100 times.  My wife has been here over a year and we still can not believe it.  I still come to this site a few times a day to help where I can, give advice and encouragement, especially to the Hong Kong thread.  It is probably one of the most difficult processes to go through and only those who have done it can understand.  All I can say it all will end eventually and all the negative feelings will disappear as soon as you hear the visa has been approved.  It will be the best day of your life and a few seconds after the first reaction the 'now what' question will come.   Then it is a whole new adventure, but an adveture that will have a very happy ending because you know your spouse CAN come to Canada and it is now just a matter of when.
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:32pm
Redegle, U good and i like your contributions here... mmmmm u need pppl like u to offer encouragement..

R u presntly working or just chill at home in Canada.. I take as u have also not started yr application, I am sure u also have all your stuff put together and ready to go to Miss CPC..
Good luck son?????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic