Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Removal Order Issued-Need some serious advise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zormas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removal Order Issued-Need some serious advise
    Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 7:53pm
Hi  dpen,

I guess I screwed up and now paying for it.

So I have been a PR for 16 months therefore do not meet RO of 2 years.I got back in Canada on June 30th 2012 and was issued a removal order by CBSA for which I have sent an appeal through my lawyer.

Here is my question...what do you think my chances are based on your knowledge ,experience and my brief case history below ?

August ,1999 - Came to Canada as an International Student
May/June 2006 - Graduated from University of Ottawa (B.A.Sc Computer Engineering) and then started looking for a job
Jan 1 2007 - March 2008 : Worked at a Private Telecom Company in Canada
Feb 2008 : Got my PR card.
March 2008 - November 1,2008: Worked at another Private Telecom Company in Canada .
November 1,2008 - Moved Out of Canada due to many different reasons.
June 30th,2012 : Arrived back in Ottawa .
March 2013 - PR Card Expires.

Currently I am working with a major organization in Ontario and would be extremely unfortunate if I lose the case with IAD and have to leave the country.Also, I will be enrolling for a Master's Program as well at Carleton University this winter session.

Not sure whats gonna happen.If anyone was in a same situation please get back to me.Only positive feedbacks please lol :)

Thanks.

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 12:45am
Not sure I have any positive feedback. Sorry. I really do not know. Your lawyer is the one you need to rely upon.

(Your best bet, as has been oft discussed here, was to persuade the POE officers you had H&C reasons; that did not work. It is a really hard case when a person has been outside Canada for more than 1095 days since their last presence because the breach of the Residency Obligation is obvious, no inferences required. PRs who come and go occasionally are not so obvious even when in total they have been outside Canada so long as to be in breach.)
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 2:17am
everything depends on your appeal now. Not sure if CIC would issue a study permit to you, which has its own terms and requirements, etc. Mainly money. Being a foreign student is very expensive.

If you lose PR status, you would become a foreign national and may have to pay international student fees. But that's AFTER the decision of CBSA, whether they allow you to stay or not.

Your lawyer is now the person to consult on this.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic