Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to prove my intention to return to Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aromatracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to prove my intention to return to Canada
    Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 4:28pm
Dear All

I am a canadian citizen living abroad but willing to relocate to Canada upon receipt of PR Status to my spouse and kids.

In this connection, I have gone through CIC website and found that while
sponsoring my family, I am required to prove that I will return to Canada when my family gets immigration status.

You are requested to please let me know what sort of proof is required.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

haye-garmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haye-garmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:32pm
you should show property ,assets etc

Edited by haye-garmi - 10 Jul 2012 at 11:36pm
aromatracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aromatracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 12:34am
Thanks for you reply hay-garmi. But the issue is I currently do not hold any assets in Canada other than a bank account carrying nominal deposits. As I am not sure how long my family sponsorship application will take, there is no point in renting/leasing an apartment.
marcwales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 2:39pm
Hi. Did you manage to find out more about this, as I am in a similar postion.

thanks..
elieli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elieli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 6:08pm
Hey,

I'm in the same situation! I've read a bunch of forums where people asked relatives in Canada to write a letter, stating that they are aware of your intentions... if you are staying with parents or any other relative or friend, if for example you are staying with your parents, then you should ask them to write a rental agreement or something like that. That seems to have helped people. I've read that a bank account works.

We are simply writing a letter since we have no one in Canada and like you have none of the listed items to prove anything, we decided to share our plans it might work. Fingers crossed. We wrote how it wasn't "easy" to rent or look for jobs if we don't have a timeline with which to work with, because, who knows how long this will take! of course better written than that.
My husband did, however, get the Canadian citizenship status for our children, we have 3 and they are now Canadian which might also help. If they are your children then you should get them their citizenship, if not then go ahead with the sponsorship and I wish you the best of luck and a speedy process. SmileSmile
Thanks, Eli.
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:39pm
Other steps people have taken is to research jobs available in their profession in the area where they intend to settle.  Show that positions are available, for example.  Show that you have researched places to live - so you have a budget and a plan on finding work.  That makes your plan more credible.

With the negative feedback from the Pussy Riot situation (a PR who is married to a Canadian citizen but has never lived in Canada...) I wouldn't be surprised to see heightened scrutiny for a while...

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
elieli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elieli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 2:48pm
That's great information! thanks a lot Smile
Thanks, Eli.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic