Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Port-of-Spain Timeline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Port-of-Spain Timeline
    Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 9:43am
Hi Everyone,
Lets create this thread for us who are dealing with the Port-of-Spain office, so that we can help each other through this stressful process.
mbgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 12:57am
I'll be honest. Port of Spain is slow. i yelled, screamed and cried over the phone to get them to do something. 10 months is fast for them, think closer to 14-16 months. 
stressout25 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 10:35pm
Hi mbgal, Did you receive your visa?
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:22am
Wow! Seems like they are not much people dealing with the Port-of-Spain office.
mbgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 6:28pm
For my husband it took 10 months; however. we had the MP, and Minister of Immigration (at that time Diane Finley) look into the matter as there was a pressing situation and he had to be out of Trinidad by a certain date. He couldn't return to where he was working and he couldn't return to his home country. 

Anyways, my screaming, yelling, e-mailing and getting everyone involved worked and my husband received everything.  His interview was tough; you could tell they wanted to deny him but he did not give them the opportunity. He was prepared well for the interview. 

in a few months, my husband will be applying for his citizenship; it's hard to imagine that it's already been 3 years he's been here and it still feels like yesterday. 
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 9:44am
mbgal, Thanks fo your reply. This process feels like hell.
Kb8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 9:43pm

My husbands application went thru the Port-Of-Spain office.... but he is from Grenada

our timeline was 4 months from the time  CIC-Mississauga recieved the application to the time he landed..

honestly i think we got really lucky with the time we applied..because Port-of-Spain got our application in November..i think November 4th..and he recieved a letter near the end of November  saying that he has an interview in Grenada (the V.O.'s were visiting) for December 8th. I think if they hadn't been coming to do interviews in Grenada in December..we probably would have had to go thru a 10-12 month process to get everything finalized..

Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 7:25pm
Kb8, Wow! Your timeline was fast, too bad I am not so lucky, I am tired with them. I don't know when this nightmare will end? I hope in the well of ALLAH it end soon! I don't know how much I have to suffer before I get to be in my hubby arms in Canada.

Edited by stressout25 - 04 Feb 2010 at 7:28pm
SISH7255 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SISH7255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:52am
Hello Everybody,

Is anyone from new FSW fast track program. We can share our time lines

Here are my details:

NOC- 4131
Application received by CIC, NS- 28/09/2009
First AOR from CIC and documnet request- 04/12/2009
Full Documents sent to CHC PoS - 23/12/2009
Second AOR from CHC Pos by post- 21/01/2010
eCAS status - Received by visa office
Waiting for Medical pspt request

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to get medical and pspt request?
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 1:47pm
Hi SISH, What is FSW? your application was inland or outland, I am a little confuse here.

My application is being reprocessing. I send in the redo forms to P.O.S and now I am waiting for the letter to redo my medicals.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic