Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 5:06am
hi suzanne,

i have almost the same case as yours. i have an application for open work permit under my common-law partner's work permit because he is a skilled worker and my file is in vegreville sent last june. then, i just received a letter yesterday saying that my application was transferred to the local office @canada place in edmonton. it took for about 2 months that i heard anything from them. i am quite nervous and i dont know what could be the possible reason why they transfer it in the local office.

i hope you may give me some ideas or piece of advise.. i cant even sleep much now because i am waiting for their call and i dont know whats gonna happen with my application..

please help.. thanks..

pps
pps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 5:07am
hi,

i have almost the same case as yours. i have an application for open work permit under my common-law partner's work permit because he is a skilled worker and my file is in vegreville sent last june. then, i just received a letter yesterday saying that my application was transferred to the local office @canada place in edmonton. it took for about 2 months that i heard anything from them. i am quite nervous and i dont know what could be the possible reason why they transfer it in the local office.

i hope you may give me some ideas or piece of advise.. i cant even sleep much now because i am waiting for their call and i dont know whats gonna happen with my application..

please help.. thanks..

pps
justina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:25am
I know its hard not to stress, but you have posted the same question in numerous threads. I gave an answer to your question in another blog. Maybe it's not the answer you are looking for, but it is what I have seen and understand from reading these forums for quite a long time.

Maybe someone else has a better answer for you. Everyone seems to be treated a little differently, depending on where they are from and their situation, but there are numerous manuals you can search on the CIC websites to understand more of the processes and why the CIC makes the decisions you do.

Is there anything in your situation that could cause a red flag to the Immigration Officer? That is why applications are transferred, the IO sees something and wants to know more before granting you a visa.

Local office processing times vary from 6 months to 3 years, depending on the office, the officer and the particular case file.
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 2:05pm
hi
yes i am also waiting and frustrated

and want to do graet things, big things good things..
waiting ..its a suspense.

in answer to your q
yes your partner
the sponsor can check, ALL bits even yours, with her ID details but after you pass certain initial hurdles..
sorry you will have to wait till you pass that first hurdle
so wait..
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 8:44am
Hey PPs, Hope you must have calm down a little already, if not pls do. What do you mean "since last june" is it June 2009 or June 2010? Anyway, bottom line is that files could be transferred to local office for any reason and initially the reaction would be to panic. But believe me when I say this: the worse that happens is the LONG WAIT, which is not even in all cases, depending on volume at your local office among other factors. We all applied for PR and WILL GET IT Approve.......... Soonest. Just believe that!!!!! We all have too much to contribute to Canada, they just dont realise it yet. so relax and enjoy your free time, no matter how hard it is to do that. Unhappy
Application received oct 2009
Started processing nov 2009
file transferred to local office may 2010
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 8:46am

Iva, thanks for the piece of cheesecake; yummiiiiiiiiiiii. How is your hubby doing now? hope your good news gives him alot of encouragement. Please hope you dont mind sharing some details/questions at the interview. Would appreciate if others who attended interview recently do same. Thanks guys, you are too kind.

iva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 12:53am
Hi Doc!!!Thank you for asking, my hubby is better, but it goes very slowly..Can you believe, he made a lunch today as I was working.
An interview was a kind of funny, asked about how did we meet, when did I come here and what was the plan, when did he propose, who was present at the wedding, and what did we have for dinner last night. Than he called my hubby to come in and asked him some of the same questions. Actually it was quite interesting and even funny.
suzanne_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzanne_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 4:01pm
Sorry PPS for not answering sooner.

I believe our file was transferred was because I was in the middle of a divorce, and my boyfriend was working for a different employer than listed on his work permit.

But Edmonton only about 5 months to get back to us. Be patient.

If you are common law, they might be questioning your relationship. Bring them copies of things, such as more pictures of you two, joint bank account statements, anything to show that you are living together and have joined your life together.

Keep bringing them stuff, it can help to keep your file current and keep you and your spouse fresh in their minds.

I believe in our case, that bringing them stuff helped us out ALOT. My boyfriend got his PR in less than a year.

Hope that helps. You can even order your FOSS notes I believe. I never ordered mine. We just went to the CIC office downtown once a month.

Suzanne
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:25pm
arun_812

something here may be of interest to you I hope
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 2:04am
Hey everyone, how is it going and how's the waiting game? Hey Iva, guess you are very busy with work now. Do find time to leave a word or two; you are too kind!! Does anyone know whats up with Etobicoke office and how long it takes before one is invited for interview after ones file is transferred to local office. Thanks in advance. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic