Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extension trouble, help greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francohoosier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 6:13pm
Also, it may be too expensive, but studying is another option. It would give you the foundation to get a post-graduate work permit and then apply in the canadian experience class. 
1/31/11: App sent to CPC-M
2/11/11: App rec'vd
3/10/11: Decision made, sent to Buffalo
3/21/11: CSQ app sent to MICC
3/24/11: Buffalo rec'vd
4/5/11: CSQ issued
7/13/11: AOR (forced after inquiry)
valy79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Miss Angeh Miss Angeh wrote:

not going to have time they will send me back to england long befor that

all i want to do is live here with my long term girlfriend and make a life for ourselfs but the more i look into PR cards the more comfussed i become
we looked into getting married but the IOs will just see it as a was to skip out on the system and not allow it

Well, unfortunately that's not how the system works...
Maybe your girlfriend could live with you in England for a year, then you would qualify as common-law as well. Easiest and quickest would be marriage (I personally don't especially like the idea of getting married under this type of pressure, but if your relationship is serious and committed, why not...)

The only other option would be trying to get a work permit first. That would give you the time to live with her in Canada, and again qualify as common-law. Not sure what type of qualification you have/how easy it would be for you to get one, but you should look into it!
Miss Angeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Angeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:58am
Thank you all for your help, we really do appreciate it. Smile

We found the extension application online thanks to you folks and we also finally got through and spoke to an agent over the phone at CIC call centre. That being done we have good news and are absolutely thrilled to really get into it. Tongue

xxx

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic