Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Express Entry Visa from QC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Express Entry Visa from QC

 Post Reply Post Reply
SK13 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Joined: 07 Dec 2017
Location: Montreal
Status: Offline
Points: 5
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Express Entry Visa from QC
    Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 5:08pm
I am working in Montreal on an open work permit which expires in July 2018. My husband has a student visa for his course in McGill.

Is it possible for him to apply for the express entry from montreal under the skilled worker category?
Since I already have a job in montreal and am working with a local firm will it impact the application? or will it be an issue?
What is the average time to get the PR?
Back to Top
gelapir View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Joined: 16 Feb 2018
Location: Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 1
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gelapir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 7:40am
I am from Georgia and i am refugee, i would to get job and permit live in Canada.
Back to Top
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Joined: 29 Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 133
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:18pm
Whether you are currently in Canada studying or working or are currently abroad you can submit your application in express entry if you qualify. If your husband has a study visa, he can definitely apply for express entry assuming he qualifies.

You can read more about the requirements here: Also, he can fill out the free assessment on our website - - in order to see if he qualifies for express entry under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or any other program. The average time is hard to evaluate and depends on the score you will obtain in the express entry pool which depends on the specifics of your case.

If you go through the federal program, the fact that you work in Quebec still allows him to apply but if he receives an invitation to apply for permanent residence, he will need to show proof he intends to relocate to another Canadian province because Quebec is the only province excluded from the Federal program as they have their own immigration process.

If you are included in his federal application, you will also have to show proof that you intend to relocate to another province. Please also note that if you have a year of full time employment in Canada in an NOC 0, A or B, you would qualify to apply for PEQ
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner,
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down