Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHANGE IN MARITAL STATUS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHANGE IN MARITAL STATUS
    Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 1:14am
Hi. I am already a PR here in Canada and went back home last December to get married. How will I change my status so I will get a new PR card with a new name now. Do you know how to get a new passport too since I have a new name? Status: PR living in Canada; Nationality: Filipino. Thanks.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 1:21am
Hi

Originally posted by teresa teresa wrote:

Hi. I am already a PR here in Canada and went back home last December to get married. How will I change my status so I will get a new PR card with a new name now. Do you know how to get a new passport too since I have a new name? Status: PR living in Canada; Nationality: Filipino. Thanks.

1. You apply to the Filipino consulate for a new passport and you apply to CIC for a new PR card. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menu-prcard.asp
PMM
spirit-88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spirit-88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 8:37am

Hello Teresa,

Can you please tell me how long has it taken you to get the PR from the day you applied and after how many days you got it after your medical examination, cuz my fiance now has applied and i want to know the how long this process take?
Mariam
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 6:19am
I think it takes on year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic