Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abu Dhabi Processing....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeeshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 1:01pm
Alhamdulillah i got visa after 30 months.
Zeeshan Javaid
longwait3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longwait3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 11:03pm
spiderman12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderman12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 7:42am
i have applied for my wife sponsorship. my question is that whe nthey ask me to submit proof that i willleave qatar as well with my wife,can i  tell them that i will cancell my RP,once theyask for the passport of my wife for visa

pls advise.
PakCanadian View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 12:19pm

“The Jig is Up on Marriage Fraud,” says Minister Kenney

Mississauga, October 26, 2012 — In an ongoing effort to deter people from using marriages of convenience to cheat their way into Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) introduced a new regulation that requires certain sponsored spouses live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years or they risk losing their permanent resident status.

“There are countless cases of marriage fraud across the country,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “I have consulted widely with Canadians, and especially with victims of marriage fraud, who have told me clearly that we must take action to stop this abuse of our immigration system. Sometimes the sponsor in Canada is being duped and sometimes it's a commercial transaction. Implementing a two-year conditional permanent residence period will help deter marriage fraud, prevent the callous victimization of innocent Canadians and help us put an end to these scams.”

The new regulations apply to spouses or partners in a relationship of two years or less and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The spouse or partner must live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. The status of the sponsored spouse or partner may be revoked if they do not remain in the relationship.

Minister Kenney was joined at today’s announcement by representatives of Canadians Against Immigration Fraud (CAIF). Sam Benet, President of CAIF stated: “We applaud Minister Kenney for taking bold steps to address the growing problem of marriage fraud and for protecting the integrity of our immigration system.”

“I think it is a very good measure,” added Palwinder Singh Gill, founder of the Canadian Marriage Fraud Victims Society. “Canada’s generous family sponsorship program was being abused because many people were marrying only to get a permanent resident card and then leave their partners. With this rule, those abusing the system will think twice.”

The regulations include an exception for sponsored spouses or partners suffering abuse or neglect. The conditional measure would cease to apply in instances where there is evidence of abuse or neglect by the sponsor or if the sponsor fails to protect the sponsored spouse or partner from abuse or neglect. This abuse or neglect could be perpetrated by the sponsor or a person related to the sponsor, whether or not the abusive party is living in the household or not during the conditional period. The exception would also apply in the event of the death of the sponsor.

The conditional measure is now in force, which means that it applies to permanent residents in relationships of two years or less, with no children in common, whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012.

Conditional permanent residence does not differ from regular permanent residence other than the need to satisfy the two-year requirement.

These regulations bring Canadian policy in line with that of many other countries including Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom, all of whom use a form of conditional status as a deterrent against marriage fraud. The lack of such a measure increased Canada’s vulnerability to this type of unlawful activity. It is expected that by implementing a conditional permanent residence measure of two years as a means to deter marriage fraud, Canada will no longer be considered a “soft target” by individuals considering a marriage of convenience to circumvent Canada’s immigration laws.

“Canadians are generous and welcoming, but they have no tolerance for fraudsters who lie and cheat to jump the queue,” said Minister Kenney. “This measure will help strengthen the integrity of our immigration system and prevent the victimization of innocent Canadians.”

In addition to conditional permanent residence, CIC introduced, in March of this past year, a measure that prohibits sponsored spouses from sponsoring a new spouse for five years following the date they become a permanent resident. Along with a multilingual advertising campaign, CIC released a short video warning people not to be duped into committing marriage fraud. The video directs people to a specific page on the CICwebsite (www.immigration.gc.ca/antifraud) for advice on how to immigrate to Canada “the right way.”

Respectfully,

Bash Ali & Associates
Bash Ali, RCIC., B.comm., M.B.A.
Regulated Canadian Immigration Counsel
Full Member ICCRC # R406671
Commissioner of Oaths for the Province of Ontario
4891 Dundas Street West, Suite 5
Toronto, ON M9A 1B2, Canada
Off: +1 (416) 236-3355
Cell: +1 (416) 827-3615
Fax: +1-(416) 236-5983
E-mail: [email protected]
Skype ID: faircanadian1

nold692002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nold692002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 2:53pm
how do I know that all my documents submitted to canadian embassy (Abu Dhabi) are complete and no missing documents. Since 'til now the time I submitted my papers (Feb. 2012) their was no update coming from embassy. Someone who can advice will be appreciated.
Ticallian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticallian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 6:40am
Can any one advise on exactly which documents needed to be submitted along with the application to sponsor spouce? I mean birth cert? Police?
Much appreciated
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 1:16pm
Hi

Originally posted by Ticallian Ticallian wrote:

Can any one advise on exactly which documents needed to be submitted along with the application to sponsor spouce? I mean birth cert? Police?
Much appreciated

Read both the sponsor's and applicant's checklist. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp and Regional guides.
PMM
longwait3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longwait3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 11:24pm
hi any one can tell me how long after an update on ecase medical result recived pp is requested
JESA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JESA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 11:56pm

Effective October 25, 2012, sponsored spouses or partners must now live together in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day they receive permanent residence status in Canada.”

I have a difficulty understanding this new measure, so I will be thankful if any one answers my question.  My application was received on 2011 but I didn’t have my permanent residence yet. Is this measure applies on me because I will have my residence after october25, 2012 or not?

appeciate your help for the sameSmile

PakCanadian View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 12:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179>
  Share Topic