Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 730 days in Canada - how do they keep track?????
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

730 days in Canada - how do they keep track?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N~Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 4:44am
I am sure there are several ways to account for 730 days and it has absolutely nothing to do with trust... it is a numbers game...

Edited by N~Delta - 14 Jan 2010 at 4:46am
ruff__Ryders___ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruff__Ryders___ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 1:56am
i agree it is not a trust thing, but how it goes the immigration officer asks you when you return to canada for how long have u been outside and then should check your entry and exit stamps in to other countries. im not sure if he has access to the system where he could view your transactions during canada REAL-TIME....

the thing that's confusing me, if they really are working this way, then we can easily make someone use our credit cards and rent an apartement and sub lease it under our name and that's it, we will be physically in canada and when we return we apply for the citizenship...could it be this easy :P ??
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 3:23am
Can you also have someone renew your driver's license for you, show regular everyday purchases on your credit and/or debit cards, use your health card, go to the doctor's using your name - oh yes - and hide your other entry stamps in your passport - those are just a few things for examples

Nothing irks the crap out of me more than people trying to scam
I love reading thru CanLii about people trying to scam on their 1095 days and being denied
I really wish the requirements for Canadian citizenship were much more stringent - I really do

Originally posted by ruff__Ryders___ ruff__Ryders___ wrote:

i agree it is not a trust thing, but how it goes the immigration officer asks you when you return to canada for how long have u been outside and then should check your entry and exit stamps in to other countries. im not sure if he has access to the system where he could view your transactions during canada REAL-TIME....

the thing that's confusing me, if they really are working this way, then we can easily make someone use our credit cards and rent an apartement and sub lease it under our name and that's it, we will be physically in canada and when we return we apply for the citizenship...could it be this easy :P ??
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 6:00am
945 days are must to be in canada for getting pr
robertkoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertkoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 12:30am
it is based on trust....
the answer to your question is what do you do when the officer asks you about UR absences?

if you lie, and if U get caught, it becomes a crime. Crime usually gets punishment!!

So don't get caught if U plan to lie....eh!
N~Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N~Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 6:37am

Sanctimonious fervor... He who is without sin,let him cast the first stone... The question wasn't a plea to lie to the authorities/or how to..

edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:18am
Originally posted by suse suse wrote:

so, as i understand, it's a kind of trust thing?? and how can i prove them that i stayed in Canada excatly 730 days?? there is a lot of things that i can do to work around these..i don't think that it is based on trust...i mean, really???

Your passport will be stamped when you re-enter Candian border, so you will be asked for a proof of the visiting country passport control or any other mean they control your entrance.
Canadian borders do not stamp exits, but they stamp entrance Wink
"Canada, where good people live"
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 9:54pm
No, they don't stamp it unless you are sent to immigration secondary inspection. Only other way is to ask the CUSTOMS officer to stamp the passport when they check/stamp your customs declaration card.....because most PR's do not get sent to immigration secondary unless their PR status is in question. Usually only people entering first time or foreign visitors get sent to immigration secondary.

But if you get caught with mis-representation regarding this, you could end up losing PR status altogether. So be honest about your trips. Remember CBSA has the APNR program in effect....(advance passenger name record)....(i believe it still does ,not sure though)...
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 1:36am
Canvis2006,

I have visited backhome once during my stay in Canada, I got my passport stamped at the entry, i didn't have to go thru the custom, (no immigration secondary inspection) cos i had no laguages...
So, i have 2 entry stamps on my passport, one at the initial entry (landed immigrant) and the second when i arrived from my short visit..
They also stamped my wife's passport when she followed me after her visit backhome, no laguages also, no sec. imm. inspec.
"Canada, where good people live"
splendor903 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splendor903 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 4:42pm

You cannot enter Canada without PR Card.

Once you screen your PR card they know your entry details
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic